Dr. Pasquale Giordano is a consultant surgeon at the Royal London Hospital and Whipps Cross University Hospital (Barts Health NHS Trust) where he was appointed in 2002. From 2010 to 2017 he was the Clinical Director of the Academic Department of Colorectal Surgery at Barts Health Trust. Dr. Giordano is currently the Clinical Lead for the Pelvic Floor and Functional Bowel Disorders of the Royal London Hospital and Clinical Lead for the Abdominal Wall Surgery service. Dr. Giordano has also been recently appointed as the Clinical Lead of the Pelvic Floor Service at the Cleveland Clinic London.
After graduating from the University of Naples, Italy in 1990, Dr. Giordano has accumulated a wealth of surgical experience. He initially trained in Italy and the UK before specialising in colorectal surgery by pursuing a fellowship at the Department of Colorectal Surgery of the Cleveland Clinic, Florida and a Senior Colorectal Fellowship at the Centre for Academic Surgery at the Royal London Hospital. Furthermore, he has given lectures and live surgical demonstrations all over the world to go with his numerous scientific papers, which have appeared in prominent medical journals.
This expanse of professional experience, which has taken place around the globe, has helped Dr. Giordano to build an international reputation for his high standard of care and training, so much so that both senior colorectal trainees from nearby and abroad are attracted to work with him. Moreover, many of the patients that he has treated are referred from all over the UK and even overseas.
In recent years, Dr. Giordano has focused on developing new treatment methods for common conditions such as haemorrhoids, anal fissure and faecal incontinence. Subsequently, he was the first UK-based surgeon to use the transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization (THD) technique and is currently the surgeon with the most experience of this procedure in the UK. He also directs the only THD training course that is both available in the UK accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons.
It is therefore easy to see why Dr. Giordano is regarded as one of the UK's leading colorectal surgeons—a consultant who remains renowned for his dedication to both his work with both patients and research.
Dr. Giordano is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London and an Educational Supervisor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Between 2010 and 2017 he has also been a member of the directive council of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland and is currently the European vice president of the International Society of University Colorectal Surgery
Dr.Giordano has delivered over 200 invited lecturers to international meetings and conferences and contributed to over 70 peer reviewed publications on prestigious journals like Lancet, the British Journal of Surgery and Archives of surgery and several book chapters.
Oltre 200 relazioni a conferenze Nazionali ed Internazionali
Oltre 70 pubblicazioni su peer reviewed journals
Impact Factor: >250
From Google Scholar
Citation indices All Since 2015
Citations 2464 1406
h-index 27 22
i10-index 37 29
Consultant Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer
Barts Health NHS Trust & Queem Mary University of London
Direttore del Servizio di Chirurgia del Pavimento Pelvico e Parete Addominale
Clinical Director Pelvic Floor ServiceThe Cleveland Clinic London
Istituzione: 1. The Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust 2. Queen Mary University London 3. The Cleveland Clinic London
Dipartimento: 1. & 2. Academic Department of Colorectal Surgery 3. Department of Colorectal Surgery
U.O.: Pelvic Floor and Abdominal Wall Surgery
Città lavoro: London
Regione: London area
Incarichi di Rilievo
- Direttore del Servizio Accademico di Chirurgia Colorettale del Barts Health NHS Trust (include The Royal London Hospital, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Newham General Hospital) dal 2007 al 2015
- Direttore del Pelvic Floor Service del Barts Health NHS Trust (include The Royal London Hospital, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Newham General Hospital) dal 2007 ad oggi
- Direttore dell’Abdominal Wall Service del Barts Health NHS Trust (include The Royal London Hospital, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Newham General Hospital) dal 2017
- Honorary Senior Lecturer a Queen Mary University London dal 2002
- Membro del consiglio Direttivo Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Vice president of the International Society of University Colorectal Surgeons dal 2019
- Member of the editorial board di 12 peer reviewed journals
- Permanent faculty member del Medtronic European Abdominal Wall Masterclass in Newcastle
- Director of The Gore European Abdominal Wall Masterclass in London
- Director of the THD training course in London
- Director of the International Colorectal Conference “Dillemas and Debates in Colorectal Surgery” in London
Patologie principali trattate
- dal 2012 Chirurgia colorettale complessa
- dal 2012 Chirurgia del pavimento pelvico e patologie funzionali
- dal 2012 Chirurgia di parete addominale complessa
- dal 2012 Chirurgia proctologica